Technical and Vocational Education
The Commission in tune with its vision statement is developing two (2) Skills Training and Vocational Education (STVE) Centres in Ladduga, Kachia Grazing Reserve and Kilometre 26 along Kaduna –Abuja express way with support from the African Development Fund (ADF) to provide technical and vocational skills.
As part of the implementation plan the following has been accomplished.
- Trained staff on Entrepreneurship and Technical Writing Skills.
- Assessment of viability of e-learning Model Nomadic Education Centre Wuro-Nyako Ladduga, Kachia Grazing Reserve in Kaduna State.
- Support to e-learning activities at Model Nomadic Education Centre Wuro-Nyako Ladduga, Kachia Grazing Reserve.
- Production and Airing of recorded Jingles on FRCN – Kaduna, Radio Nigeria – Abuja on VTE skills.
- Conducted Community Mobilisation and Gender sensitization for nomadic communities in the two ADF-Assisted STVEP benefitting Communities located at Ladduga – Kachia Grazing Reserve and Km 26 Model centre along Kaduna-Abuja Express Way.
- Capacity Development of 200 nomadic women on income generation and entrepreneurship skills (sewing, knitting, yoghurt production, liquid soap and pomade making) in the two model centres.
- Trained 212 nomadic women on VTE in the areas of improved milk, butter, yoghurt production and marketing, sewing, knitting, beads making and liquid soap production. Key areas of intervention includes: Infrastructure (Business Development Centres) Pre-Service teacher development ICT (e-learning through computer literacy) Agriculture (Dairy Production and processing, farming and fodder bank) Apiculture (Bee Keeping and Honey processing) Mechanics (Motorcycles and Bicycles repair) Shea Butter processing. Fashion Design – Knitting and Tailoring.
- UBEC/NCNE 2014 projects
- Quality Assurance in Nomadic Education
- Teachers education and development
- Technical and vocational education
- Long-term plans
- Mid-term plans
- Short-term plans
- One year strategic plan