ANIMAL HUSBANDRY AND EXTENSION SERVICES
The major tasks accomplished were as follows:
- 49,397 animals were treated by the extension agent in the zone during the period of reporting against diseases such as Trypanosomiasis, Fascioliasis, Diarhoea, Pneupmonia, Chronic Respiratory Disease, etc
- 33,180 animals were vaccinated against diseases such as CBPP, Haemorrhagic Septiceamia, and Black Quarter.
- 478 Pastoralists Communities provided with extension services.
- 53,895 Pastoralists families were reached and benefitted from the extension services.
- 368 nomadic schools were visited by the extension agents.
- 89 PTAs were strengthened.
- 76 Cooperatives were strengthened and 12 newly registered by the agents.
- 26 new nomadic literacy classes were established by the Agency for Nomadic Education Jigawa State.
- 32 radio listening groups were strengthened and 8 newly formed.
- UBEC/NCNE 2014 projects
- Quality Assurance in Nomadic Education
- Teachers education and development
- Technical and vocational education
- Long-term plans
- Mid-term plans
- Short-term plans
- One year strategic plan